Maintaining a piano in UAE does not have to be difficult, but there are some specific things you need to keep in mind.
Although pianos are often considered to be delicate instruments, with a bit of care and regular maintenance they can last for many years.
If you are living in UAE and want to keep your piano in good condition, you need to follow particular guidelines.
In a desert climate like UAE, it is important to take some preventative steps to protect your piano from the harsh environment. Maintaining a piano in UAE does not have to be difficult, but there are some specific things you need to keep in mind.
Here are some tips to help you keep your piano looking and sounding great!
- Keep the Humidity Level Consistent - The ideal humidity range for a piano is between 40-and 50%. You can use a humidifier or dehumidifier to help regulate the humidity level.
- Keep the Dust Away - Dust can cause pianos to lose their tone and develop scratches. Use a duster or vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to clean the keys and cabinet regularly.
- Do not Let Kids Play on it - Children can damage pianos by pounding on the keys or interfering with the tuning. Leaving children unattended around a precious grand piano could prove to be damaging.
- Limit the Sunlight Exposure - Make sure to keep the instrument away from direct sunlight and heat sources as this can damage the wood over time.
- Gentle Cleaning is the Key - Use a soft cloth to clean the keys and cabinet regularly - avoid using cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals or solvents.
- Get the Tuning Done Regularly - Tune the piano at least once a year (more often if it's played frequently) to keep it sounding its best.
- Control Humidity - Keep your piano in an air-conditioned room as much as possible. This will help keep the humidity levels inside consistent and protect your instrument from extremes of temperature.
- Be Gentle While Moving the Piano - If you must move your piano, do so with great care. Pianos are heavy and can easily be damaged if they are not handled properly.
- Humidifiers are Your Best Friends - Use a humidifier near your piano to add moisture to the air and protect the wood from drying out and cracking.
- Be In a Loop with a Piano Repair Service Provider - This is very important. Always rely on professional and trustworthy Piano repair services to keep increasing the longevity of your instrument. The Piano store in Dubai provides complimentary Piano repair services to its valuable customers.
Following these simple guidelines should help ensure your piano stays in good condition for many years.
Best Range of Piano in UAE
Pianos which need less maintenance are as follows