Joining the Dots offers violinists lots of material to help build confidence and skill in sight-reading. The series brings together a range of activities to help students improve their sense of fingerboard geography, helping them to read new music more quickly and easily.
The five books cover the requirements for ABRSM’s sight-reading tests at each of Grades 1 to 5, and include:
- many short, characterful pieces to sight-read, in a range of approachable musical styles
- warm-up and technical exercises, to establish finger patterns within each key
- simple improvisation exercises in which students can explore musical ideas and familiarize themselves further with the ‘feel’ of each key
- longer solo pieces and some duets and trios, for additional sight-reading practice or to learn quickly and play through for fun
Violin A Fresh Approach to Sight-Reading. Composed by Alan Bullard (1947-). ABRSM Publications. Joining the dots (ABRSM). Instructional. Book. 36 pages. ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) #9781848495869. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (A3.9781848495869).
Joining the Dots is designed to improve students' skills in reading music at sight, enabling them to perform new music with confidence. The books feature short, creative exercises which help students to develop their ability to read music more quickly and easily, both in exams and when learning new pieces.
- Format Sheet music | 36 pages
- Dimensions 224 x 295 x 3mm | 146g
- Publication date 05 Sep 2013
- Publisher Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music
- Publication City/Country London, United Kingdom
- Language English
- ISBN10 1848495862
- ISBN13 9781848495869
- Bestsellers rank 340,819
- Item Number: A3.9781848495869
- ISBN 9781848495869. 9 x 12 inches.